Friday, December 9, 2011
New Year's Eve in Washington, D.C.
We thought it'd be helpful if we compiled a list of parties in the area for you to choose from for New Year's Eve. If you know of others, please leave them in the comments section! Here is what we have come up with:
- The Downtown Countdown. The classic huge party being held this year at the Washington Hilton. More details here.
- New Year's Eve at George. A younger crowd in a fairly small space - but being around the young keeps you young. Go party at George. More details here.
- Make the trek to National Harbor for the largest party at the Gaylord Hotel featuring 15 party areas, 5 dance floors, live bands, and DJs. More details here.
- You're going to dress up and pretend to be James Bond anyway, so you might as well go to Washington Plaza Hotel's 007 Party. More details here.
- James Bond isn't cool anymore and you want to pretend to be a member of the Mad Men cast? Fine. Go to Hudson. Details here.
- Most convenient is the pricey (starting at $195) party at the Newseum. the party will feature food by Wolfgang Puck and music by Round Midnight and DJ Scientific Beats. You can also stroll through all the exhibits. Details here.
- The rooftop of the W is sure to be fun, albeit crowded, and even more expensive ($200). Details on that event are available here.
- Lower key events include the party at Public in Dupont Circle. Open bar only lasts from 10:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m., with happy hour prices before that. But tickets are only $80. More details here.
- The classic event at the Kennedy Center, featuring guitarist Pepe Romero and the National Symphony Orchestra followed by dancing and a balloon drop. More details here.
Don't forget your drinking vitamins, patches, drinkin' mate, and hangover cures. You'll thank us later.
Happy New Year's!
Posted by Insider Media at 2:52 PM