- The Derby. Both the Nats and the Caps games should be done by post-time (6:23p), so we'd be any sports bar worth its weight (and we've weighed in on this in the past) will be showing the Run for the Roses. Hill Country has a special menu for the day, also. If you're looking for something a bit fancier, we recommend Bonnets and Bowties at the Willard. $75 gets you two juleps, an all-you-can-eat buffet, some giveaways, and prizes for the best hat and bowtie.
- Cinco de Mayo. Looking for the best marg in town? Thrillist identified Penn Quarter as the best place to do a "margarita tour." They suggest taking a pedicab but as a PQ resident, you know your way around well enough to stumble between:
- Hill Country's Kreuz margarita;
- Jose Andres' personal favorite marg at Oyamel (they'll have a live band from 1p-5p);
- the Coco de Mayo at Rosa Mexicano (they'll also have live music and giveaways);
- Ceiba's margarita de casa (Ceiba is also offering $5 raffle tickets for an all-inclusive trip for two to Mexico to celebrate - margs and street food are also only $5); and finally
- Topic the Margarita at PS7's.
- As a bonus, we also suggest the margaritas at Zengo.
- (As a double bonus, you'll be hungry after all of that drinking - stop by California Tortilla and get a coupon for a free taco).
This could be the only day of the year that sombreros go with seersucker. Live it up!