You can see the full presentation here. It includes a chart of the essential functions of each government agency. Some highlights:
Things that will remain open:
- Metropolitan Police Department
- Fire and EMS
- D.C. Public Schools and Charter Schools
- Limited Health & Human Services: food stamps, medicaid, hospitals, limited unemployment benefits.
- Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
- Department of Public Works (see post about meter maids here)
- Department of Transportation
- Public Libraries
The mayor's office says employees of city agencies will be informed by their agency directors whether they have to report to work or not.
Residents can keep track of the shutdown at dc.gov, D.C. cable channel 16, or by calling 311.